Monday, January 19, 2009

Amigurumi Puuchuu

For those of you with no interest in amigurumi, anime, crochet or altering patterns skip this. The rest of you..

This started because I was hitting sites looking for ideas. Someone posted this link on ravelery. For a crocheted Kerochan from Card Captor Sakura. My first thought was OH! I could alter that to make one of the aliens from Excel Saga.

So the pattern alternation saga begins. I have the basic form done now. I have already altered one thing. I made the head a closed ball, it just seemed to not be round enough when attached to the neck. Next the ears, after some playing I decided to chain 25 crochet 1 row starting with doubles for 11 stitches, then half doubles then singles to end. I couled them, and sewed them on.

Next, the diaper.. I decided to make that as a seperate piece and sew that one as well. THe rug beater weapon is a straw witn a chained 'beater. But I am stuck on the antenna. Will post a picture as soon as I get it done.

No comments: